What will the program require of me?
IDA Providers may structure their program a little differently, but every participant has to:
- Apply with a non-profit organization providing IDAs.
- Provide proof of Oregon residency, income, and net worth.
- Make a Savings Plan and, if applicable, a business or career plan.
- Make a minimum of $25 monthly deposits for at least 6 months.
- Attend classes to build your financial skills and knowledge about how to reach your goals. For example, first time homebuyer education classes or a business plan class.
Once you complete your classes and reach your savings goal, you will work with the non-profit IDA provider to spend money on your goal. Please contact a non-profit IDA provider directly to apply to start saving today.