Individuals and businesses can make donations to the Oregon Individual Development Account (IDA) Initiative, managed by Neighborhood Partnerships, and qualify for the Oregon IDA 75% Tax Credit. For every dollar contributed, you will receive a seventy-five percent (75%) Oregon IDA tax credit which can be used to directly lower your Oregon tax liability, up to the maximum contribution of $100,000 per return each tax year. For example, if you as an individual or business donate $10,000 to the Oregon IDA Initiative, you receive a $7,500 Oregon IDA 75% Tax Credit.
The Oregon IDA 75% Tax Credit is a win-win for donors and all Oregonians.
In addition to rewarding you, the donor, with an Oregon IDA 75% Tax Credit, your resources go to work locally providing access to financial education and matching funds to help Oregonians with low incomes achieve their dream of owning a home, starting a microenterprise, or continuing their education. IDAs can help restore Oregon’s strong, resilient and financially stable residents and communities. This proven and powerful initiative provides the skills and funds to help rebuild Oregon’s middle class, and, in the process, rebuild Oregon.
Donation Basics: About IDAs and the Oregon IDA 75% Tax Credit:
- The Oregon IDA Initiative is managed by Neighborhood Partnerships, an experienced state-wide non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with an established history of fiscal and program management.
- The Oregon IDA Initiative is independently evaluated by the Regional Research Institute at Portland State University. Evaluations of the Initiative demonstrate our impact.
- Oregonians in all corners of the state have made an investment in their future through the Oregon IDA Initiative since its creation in 1999.
- More than 93% of the funds contributed go directly to partners in the community to help hard working Oregonians who are saving for a first home, education and training they need, or capital to launch microenterprises.
- The Oregon IDA 75% Tax Credit is easy to use. Find out more about how it works.